sâmbătă

foals 31 dec-1 jan and a happy new year

the new year's eve
hmv arena camden; the countdown on the 2 big screens shows 1 hour and 20 mins. to 2011.
they show up on the stage and it starts; and the happy beautiful drunk people are all singing and dancing like it's the end of the world; pure happiness; the perfect light and the perfect sounds of the perfect band with the perfect front man came over me and made me start jumping on everybody else's feet as they were jumping on mine; songs I knew but better; hands touching me, elbows bumping me, beer spilling on me, fractured conversations, barely remembered lyrics, then..

'I'm the fury in your head'

the sound and the voice pinch the tip of my fingers and toes

'I'm the fury in your bed'

'I'm the ghost in the back of your head'

and I lift off; the sound penetrates my consciousness and subconsciousness, and I don t know what to do with myself; the crowd is a big vibrating chord and I don t want to be anywhere else, I don t feel the need to be anywhere else, god is on the stage and the miracles are pouring from his tap into my ears to my brain and from there to my muscles, discharging in the floor, the walls and the others; pure magic.

from 'spanish sahara' on it's a big natural high blur; except for the few moments before the final countdown when I distinctively remember the 2 big screens in the forum trembling from the jumping and screaming and 'happy new years' said by strangers to strangers.

fuck yeah!

Un comentariu:

  1. uite aici:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnkpZxGorno&feature=related

    si countdown-ul, fuck yeah!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4DCE9nG7w&feature=related

    RăspundețiȘtergere